Tuition and fees are due at the beginning of each semester before the first lesson. A $30 late fee will be applied if tuition is not paid by the second lesson. Please note that due to high demand of our teachers, lesson time(s) cannot be reserved without tuition payment or deposit.
Registration Fee: A non-refundable fee of $40 per student is required yearly at the time of registration.
Recital Fee: A fee of $40 per student is collected at the beginning of each spring semester with tuition. The $40 recital fee will be refunded at the end of the semester if the student does not participate in the recital. Cancellation of any already scheduled recital must be informed no less than 4 weeks before the actual recital day or the recital fee will not be refunded.
Book Fee: Books are not included in the tuition and will be charged separately upon purchasing. If you wish to order books through BAMA, please fill out the credit card information section on the registration form side of this form. BAMA can NOT order any books for student without a credit card on file.
Pre-registration is available to all students in May to reserve a lesson spot for the following school year. A non-refundable deposit of $150 is required for each reserved lesson spot. Once the completion deadline for pre-registration expires, the $150 deposit will not be refunded or credited to other lessons if the student withdrawals from the reserved lesson.
Returned Check Fee: Returned checks will be charged a $30.00 returned check fee.
Commitment: All students must commit to at least one semester of lessons. Students who start lessons in the middle of a semester must commit to the end of that semester. The actual lesson time (ex. Monday 3:30-4:00) is decided and agreed by the student upon signing up. Each student’s particular lesson time will stay the same for the entire semester. No scheduling change is allowed during the semester.
- New students: Any new student is allowed to withdrawal from BAMA within the first 4-week trial period. BAMA will fully refund the remaining tuition if a withdrawal is made with written notice within the first four weeks of lessons. After the fourth week of lessons / classes, no tuition refunds will be given.
- Others: Withdrawal from lessons is only allowed between semesters. A written notice is required if a student decides to discontinue lessons after finishing a semester.
- Spring semester withdrawals: Due to high demand of our lessons and limited availabilities, all the scheduling work of each year’s spring semester is done before January. If a student wishes to withdrawal from spring semester, a written notice must be received by January 10th. An amount equal to four weeks’ tuition will be charged for withdrawals made after January 10th.
Cancellation & Make-up Policy: In order to manage the school properly and to retain our top quality faculty, BAMA has to maintain a reasonable cancellation policy. Teachers have booked their professional time and turned down other work for the privilege of teaching at our school. Therefore, BAMA offers only two make-up lessons per semester if the following cancellation procedures are followed properly:
- The school administrators must be notified of all cancellations. Please be aware that our cancellation number is 201-940-2200. All phone calls relating cancellation must be directed to 201-940-2200 or make up lesson will not be granted.
- All cancellations must be made at least 1 full business day (24 hours) in advance. Same-day cancellations will not be made up.
- Same-day sickness Policy: We understand that sometimes children get sick suddenly which might not give parents enough time to meet the 24 hr. cutoff line. A make-up lesson is given if the cancellation is received before 10 am. Same-day cancellations made on Saturdays will not be allegeable for make-up lessons for any reason.
- All make up lessons are scheduled according to teachers’ availability. Scheduled make-up lessons missed or cancelled by student will not be rescheduled.
- All lessons missed because of teachers’ absence or unscheduled school closing, such as weather emergency, will be made up and do not apply to the two-make up limit.
- All make-up lessons must be completed before the end of the School semester. If you are aware of a cancellation near the end of the semester, please contact the school administrators to co-ordinate an advanced make-up lesson. A tuition refund will be given for any unfinished make-up lessons due to teacher’s scheduling difficulties. No tuition reduction, rebates or credits are given for missed lessons.
*Please note that only one make-up lesson is offered to students who started after the 9th week of each semester.
Substitutions: All of the instructors at The Bergen Academy of Music and Art are professional musicians currently performing in the New York metropolitan area. Although our teachers try their best to avoid possible conflicts, BAMA does not guarantee that teachers will not miss any lesson. A qualified substitute teacher will be provided if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to attend a lesson. If a substitute teacher cannot be arranged, all missed lessons will be made up.
Child Welfare: BAMA does not assume responsibility of students’ security when parents choose to leave them unattended at the school. Although we strive to create the safest possible environment for all students, teachers and office staff cannot supervise children except during their scheduled lesson time. Parents with students under the age of 5 are asked to remain in the school during the classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time before or after lessons.
Injuries: Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after lesson time.
Photo Release: The school is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials the school creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the school to copyright such photographs in its name. All photographs are taken and used in a professional manner only.