The Bergen Academy of Music enrolls students on a per semester basis. Tuition is based on the number of lessons in the semester, with each semester generally including 17 to 19 lessons.
Tuition is the same for all instruments and is charged according to the lesson length that the student has requested. Students may enroll at any time, but commit to completing the semester. See chart below for more details:
Oradell Tuition Schedule
- Payment Methods: BAMA accepts check and credit card for tuition and other student costs.
- Registration Fee and Terms: A non-refundable fee of $40 per student is required yearly at the time of registration.
- Discounts: An extra 10% discount is given at signing for additional instruments or students within a family studying at the Academy of Music.
- Recital Fee: A fee of $40 per student is collected at the beginning of each spring semester with tuition. The $40 recital fee will be refunded at the end of the semester if the student does not participate in the recital.
Returned Payment Fees: Returned payments will be assessed a $30.00 returned payment fee.
Pre-registration Deposit: Pre-registration is available to all students in May to reserve a lesson spot for the following school year. A non-refundable deposit of $150 is required for each reserved lesson spot. Once the completion deadline for pre-registration expires, the $150 deposit will not be refunded or credited to other lessons if the student withdrawals from the reserved lesson.
- Tuition and fees are due at the beginning of each semester before the first lesson. If you did not receive an invoice, have any question or wish to discuss the study plan, you must contact us before the due date.
- Please remit all payments to the school receptionist. All payments received will be issued a a receipt. If you do not receive the receipt, please do not hesitate to ask for it.
- No tuition reduction, rebates or credits are given for missed lessons. Lessons are made up according to school’s cancellation policy. See the complete school policy here.
- If there are two or more children in the same family studying at Academy of Music, please pay for each child with a separate check.
- Checks should be made out to: Bergen Academy of Music and Art, Inc.